Notes on 755 Hank Aaron Dr

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Playing Out The String

This is something I haven't experienced for a long time as a Braves fan. In fact, there are probably a lot of Braves fans out there who have never experienced it. But it's true; the Braves aren't going to the playoffs, and therefore these games don't really "matter".

Fortunately, the Cubs are well past the point of playing out the string, and aren't even bothering to show up any more. How else do you explain Cormier striking out 10 batters? I think that was the Columbus Little League team in the Cubs uniforms last night.

Anyway, in an ideal world, the Braves would use the last few weeks to see what some of their younger players are capable of. The thing is, they already know, for the most part. I guess I'd like to see them give Pena about half the starts behind the plate to see if he can be McCann's caddy next season. (McCann's not going to win the batting title, so let's make minimize his chances to get hurt.) Maybe see if Prado can handle SS defensively, by giving him a start or two there.

All things considered, I may begin my look ahead to the offseason a little earlier than I planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home