Notes on 755 Hank Aaron Dr

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Quick Post

Unlike the Braves' postseason hopes, I'm not dead - despite the lack of posts in almost two weeks. How did that happen? Real Life has gotten too busy lately....

I've got a second "2007 Rotation Possibilities" post (on John Smoltz) mostly written; I will try to get that up by the weekend.

While I've been silent, the Braves picked up Smoltz's option and signed Wickman for 2007. I like both of these moves. $8 million for Smoltz (even late-career Smoltz) is a bargain. And while Wickman's not the long-term answer at closer, I don't see anyone else on the roster ready to take the job just yet. (I think either Devine, Startup, or Boyer is the likely closer in 2008, but I don't think any of them will be ready for the job in 2007.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home